Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rhine Evacuation

You don't see something like this everyday. I was looking around on a website called etsy.com (girly site with lots of vintage and handmade stuff) and came across a grouping of photos for sale which I can only guess were taken by a Glider Pilot. They included several photos of CG4A's and AAF personnel. The most interesting photo is one of a bunch of guys loading up in a truck, which is being taken back over the Rhine, presumable after Varsity as the caption states. Judging by the caption and the gear I'm guessing these are a group of GP's being taken back to the rear after making their landings.



First aid packet on helmet, lots of carbine and .45 ammo pouches, .45 holster, a Thompson barrel, M43's...if I didn't know any better I'd say GP's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment